Richmond Triangle Players delivers adventurous and entertaining theater as the leading voice in the community’s explorations of equality, identity, affection and family, across sexual orientation and gender spectrums. Our goals are to:
- To produce and present exemplary theater works, including new and original works, that are worthy of national / international recognition.
- To broaden the exposure, appeal and relevance of RTP’s programming.
- To control mission delivery through careful and disciplined asset management and fiscal planning.
About the Organization:
Since 1993, Richmond Triangle Players has produced over 100 plays – including several world premieres – most of which would not have been produced anywhere else in the area. RTP’s unique mission makes it the only full-time professional theater of its kind in the mid-Atlantic region,
Since moving into its own beautifully renovated theater in 2010, RTP has expanded itsprogramming dramatically. In addition to its annual mainstage season of plays, Richmond Triangle Players has:
- Presented acclaimed, internationally known cabaret artists;
- Nurtured new plays through staged readings and workshops;
- Incubated new theater companies such as Cadence Theatre Company and Stage B;
- Provided much needed space for programming by SPARC and The Reconciliation Project; and
- Collaborated on projects large and small with Firehouse Theatre Project, Henley Street Theatre / Richmond Shakespeare and Sycamore Rouge.
Five years ago, the idea of its own performance venue was just a dream. By sharing that dream, Richmond Triangle Players brought together hundreds of people in our community who believed in RTP’s mission and in its message of diversity and inclusion. In five short years, RTP has accomplished what many people believed to be impossible, and transformed Richmond Triangle Players from a “fringe” theater into one of the best-known and beloved cultural institutions in Central Virginia.