The advisory panels of the Virginia Commission for the Arts make recommendations and give guidance that will affect the future of the arts in the Commonwealth. The quality and integrity of the Commission’s decision-making depend upon the individual contributions of time, thought, and energy of these volunteers.
Panels For FY18
The Commission will hold statewide panel meetings for the following grant categories:
- a statewide, multi-disciplinary panel to review General Operating Support applications from new arts organizations and current arts organizations that were downgraded in FY17.
- a statewide, multi-disciplinary panel to review applications for Project Grants.
- a statewide multi-disciplinary panel to review applications for Artists in Education Grants and Teaching Artist Roster applications.
- a statewide, multi-disciplinary panel to review applications from performers to be included in the Performing Arts Tour Directory
- Advisory Panels Regions Map
- Artists in Education Panel
- Teaching Artist Roster Panel TBD
- General Operating Support Panel
- Performing Arts Tour Directory Panel TBD
- Project Grant Statewide Panel
Nominations for the advisory panels may be submitted to the Commission office at any time during the year. Each nomination is kept on file for three years. A list of current panelists is available from the Commission office and on the Commission website.