The Commission staff keeps an ongoing file of panelist nominations, and anyone can submit nominations throughout the year. Each nomination is retained for at least three years. For an overview of Advisory Panels, including current Panelists, click here.
Panels For FY18
The Commission will hold statewide panel meetings for the following grant categories:
- a statewide, multi-disciplinary panel to review General Operating Support applications from new arts organizations and current arts organizations that were downgraded in FY17.
- a statewide, multi-disciplinary panel to review applications for Project Grants.
- a statewide multi-disciplinary panel to review applications for Artists in Education Grants and Teaching Artist Roster applications.
- a statewide, multi-disciplinary panel to review applications from performers to be included in the Performing Arts Tour Directory
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE PANELS?
- an individual may nominate him or herself
- individual artists in all discipline
- artistic directors of arts institutions
- curators and museum directors
- heads of performing arts presenting series
- managers of arts institutions
- board leaders of arts institutions
- college faculty in the visual arts, music, thatre, dance, and creative writing
- managers of individual performers and touring companies
- arts educators, school administrators, teachers, and PTA/PTO representatives
- writers and editors
- community leaders with an understanding of the role of the arts in their communities
IDEAL PANEL CANDIDATES SHOULD:
- have in depth knowledge of a field of the arts
- regularly attend a wide variety of arts events in their communities
- be articulate and willing to offer opinions in public
- be able to work in a committee setting
- be willing to contribute the time necessary to review grant applications and to
- understand the Commission programs and policies
- be able to attend a one or two day panel meeting
SELECTIONS OF THE PANELISTS:
The board of the Virginia Commission for the Arts approves the list of nominees for the advisory panels annually. The Commission staff invites the panelists to serve, attempting to balance each panel with different types of knowledge about the arts. Each panel should include geographic and racial diversity.
PANELIST NOMINATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- a brief description of the individual's experience in the arts
- an address
- a telephone number
- an email address
SEND YOUR PANELIST NOMINATIONS TO:
Virginia Commission for the Arts
1001 East Broad Street, Suite 330
Richmond, VA 23219
by fax: 804/225-4327
by email: email@example.com