The Virginia Commission for the Arts builds and strengthens the cultural infrastructure through supporting Virginia’s individual artists, arts entrepreneurs, businesses and institutions.
Online Grant System
Currently, AIEx and the Teaching Artist Roster are the only applications being accepted through our online portal. AIE FY18 grantees will be able to submit their final reports through the online grant system once they receive a confirmation email with logon credentials.
All other grant applications will be added in December.
Link to Virginia Commission for the Arts' new online grants system, HERE: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=vca
Online Grant System Tutorials
Please watch the videos before logging on to our new online grant system.
- Creating a new account
- Registration Process Video Tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etScRJXC2bE&feature=youtu.be
- Applicant Workflow Video Tutorial
ApplicantsPlease read the VCA guidelines before beginning the application process. To access VCA’s current Guideline for Funding, visit: http://www.arts.virginia.gov/grants/pdf/VCA-Guidelines.pdf.
- The Virginia Commission for the Arts 2018-2019 guidelines will be made available in December 2017.
- New applicants must create a username and password to access the online grants system. If you are a returning user, sign in with your existing username and password. I you do not know your logins, contact the program coordinate for the specific program.
Looking for our former paper applications?
All new applications for 2018-2019 will now be processed through our new system. Please see the appropriate program coordinator below to direct your questions about a specific VCA grant program.
- General Operating Support Grants Assist organizations of artistic merit in fulfilling their missions by providing funds to maintain their stability and encourage their advancement.
- Project GrantsTo facilitate new and innovative art projects with the potential to lead to other innovations.
- Local Government Challenge Grants To encourage local governments to support the arts.
- Performing Arts Touring Assistance To increase opportunities for Virginians to experience high-quality performing arts events.
- Artists in Education To provide opportunities for Virginia’s students (PK-12) to participate in and learn about the arts by working with high quality professional artists.
- Artists in Education Express (AIEx) Grant To increase opportunities for short-term artist residencies with an open application beginning August 1, 2017 thru April 2, 2018 with the application submission six weeks prior to the planned residency taking place between mid-October through mid-May (20 hours maximum).
- Teaching Artist Roster To increase opportunities for short-term artist residencies with an open application beginning August 1, 2017 thru April 2, 2018 with the application submission six weeks prior to the planned residency taking place between mid-October through mid-May (20 hours maximum).