The Virginia Commission for the Arts builds and strengthens the cultural infrastructure through supporting Virginia’s individual artists, arts entrepreneurs, businesses and institutions.
Online Grant System
Link to Virginia Commission for the Arts' new online grants system, HERE: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=vca
Online Grant System Tutorials
Please watch the videos before logging on to our new online grant system.
VCA Online Grant Application Webinar
- Creating a new account
- Registration Process Video Tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etScRJXC2bE&feature=youtu.be
- Applicant Workflow Video Tutorial
- Touring Assistance Webinar for Presenters and Performers https://vimeo.com/user38479606/review/255978468/a0b89ea12a
- Tips and FAQs for Applying Online
Note to ApplicantsBefore applying, please read:
- VCA Guidelines for Funding
- Grant Writing Tips for Organizations
- New applicants must create a username and password to access the online grants system. If you are a returning user, sign in with your existing username and password.
- If you do not know your logins, contact the program coordinate for the specific program.
Applications Now Online
All applications are now be processed through our new grant system. Please see the appropriate program coordinator below to direct your questions about a specific VCA grant program.
- General Operating Support Grants Assist organizations of artistic merit in fulfilling their missions by providing funds to maintain their stability and encourage their advancement.
- Project GrantsTo facilitate new and innovative art projects with the potential to lead to other innovations.
- Technical and Organizational Development Assistance Grants To assist arts organizations in improving their artistic quality, community service, or management.
- Performing Arts Touring Assistance To increase opportunities for Virginians to experience high-quality performing arts events.
- Artists in Education To provide opportunities for Virginia’s students (PK-12) to participate in and learn about the arts by working with high quality professional artists.
- Artists in Education Express (AIEx) Grant To increase opportunities for short-term artist residencies with an open application beginning July 2, 2018 thru April 15, 2019 with the application submission six weeks prior to the planned residency taking place between mid-October through June 3, 2019 (20 hours maximum).
- Teaching Artist RosterTo identify and promote highly qualified and experienced teaching artists who have expertise in a variety of disciplines.
- Creative Communities Partnership Grants To encourage local governments to support the arts.