Artist Fellowship - Crafts
To recognize the creative excellence of artists in Virginia and support their pursuit of artistic excellence.
A limited number of fellowships are available to professional artists living in Virginia. Funding in this category is highly competitive. Specific arts disciplines will be eligible for support each year on a rotating basis, depending upon the amount of state and federal funding available to the Commission. The selected discipline for FY2020 is Crafts.
This is to include basketry, clay, enamel, fiber, glass, jewelry, leather, metal, mixed media, paper, plastic, textiles, wood.
Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Applications will be accepted online via our online grant portal at https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=vca.
- artists who are legal residents of Virginia;
- artists who plan to remain in Virginia during the grant period;
- a legal resident who possesses a valid Virginia driver's license and/or pays income taxes in Virginia and/or is a registered Virginia voter;
- artists who are 18 years of age;
- artists may receive only one fellowship award from the Commission within a four-year period.
A complete application must contain:
- consistent quality of the artist’s work:
- applicant’s record of professional arts activity and achievement as reflected in the resume;
- and fellowship potential to result in significant advancement for the artist’s career.
- Artists submit completed application online via the online grant portal by Tuesday, October 1, 2019 by 5 pm. The Commission does not accept application materials via facsimile, USPS or other electronic means, such as email.
- Applications are reviewed by an advisory panel of professionals in the appropriate discipline. The panels make their recommendations after group discussion.
- The Commission Board makes final decisions on all applications.
- Payment to the artist will be made by January 15, 2020. The amount of the fellowship must be reported as taxable income with state and Federal tax returns.
Amount of Assistance
Four artists will be considered for fellowships of $3,500 each. Artists are not required to provide matching funds.