Americans for the Arts is the nation's leading nonprofit organization for advancing the arts in America. Americans for the Arts is dedicated to representing and serving local communities and creating opportunities for every American to participate in and appreciate all forms of the arts. From offices in Washington, DC, and New York City, it serves more than 150,000 organizational and individual members and stakeholders.
Americans for the Arts is focused on four primary goals:
- Lead and serve individuals and organizations to help build environments in which the arts and arts education thrive and contribute to more vibrant and creative communities.
- Generate meaningful public and private sector policies and more leaders and resources for the arts and arts education.
- Build individual awareness and appreciation of the value of the arts and arts education.
- Ensure the operational stability of the organization and its ability to creatively respond to opportunities and challenges.
For further information, please visit: www.artsusa.org
National Assembly of State Arts Agencies is the membership organization that unites, represents and serves the nation's state and jurisdictional arts agencies. Each of the 56 states and jurisdictions has created an agency to support excellence in and access to the arts. NASAA's mission is to strengthen state arts agencies.
Representing individual and collective interests, empower their work through knowledge, and advance the arts as an essential public benefit. NASAA fulfills their mission in three ways...
- KNOWLEDGE: NASAA facilitates the transfer of ideas, helping state arts agencies to pioneer, share and apply knowledge about serving the public effectively. NASAA's research and education services inform and inspire, empowering public sector leadership for the arts in every state.
- REPRESENTATION: NASAA provides national representation for state arts agencies, ensuring that their policy and resource interests have a persuasive voice. NASAA advances the value of state arts agencies, bringing visibility and recognition to their accomplishments. NASAA also champions the arts and state arts agencies, advocating for a robust public sector role in American cultural life.
- COMMUNITY: NASAA connects state arts agency staff and council members, making the collective experiences and wisdom of the field a resource for everyone. NASAA embraces both the differences and similarities among states, widening understanding and creating common cause. Participation in a rewarding and welcoming professional community strengthens state arts agencies in all corners of the country.
For more information, visit: www.nasaa-arts.org